LAST UPDATED: January 1, 2015
What Information We Collect.
Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally identifiable information is information that identifies you as an individual, such as your.
We collect personally identifiable information that you submit to us through the Site. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your email address.
We may also from time to time request additional information that is helpful or necessary for running the Site and providing products, services and information. You do not have to provide personally identifiable information to us to use the Site. In order for you to take advantage of particular opportunities provided through the Site, such as receipt of requested information or viewing of certain areas of the Site, we may require that you furnish us with personally identifiable information.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
Non-personally identifiable information is any information that does not reveal your specific identity. Non-personally identifiable information includes, but is not limited to:
- browser information, such as log files;
- information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies; and
- aggregated information that does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site.
When you use the Site, information is gathered from your Internet browser. This information may include log files (which allows us to determine the identity of your Internet Service Provider), your operating system and the type of browser software that you are using to access the Site.
The Site may use a standard technology called a “cookie” or web beacons or other similar technology to collect information about how you use the Site. Cookies reside on your computer and help the Site recognize your computer’s browser as a previous visitor. In addition, on occasion the Site may also set a “session cookie” which helps us administer the Site. The session cookie expires when you close your browser and does not retain any information about you after it expires.
If you use a standard web browser, you should be able to modify your browser preferences relating to cookies; for example, you should have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, you may be unable to use certain Site services (for instance, those services that require you to log on to the Site). For more information on modifying your browser preference, please refer to the documentation accompanying your browser.
Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider.
An IP address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites.
How We Use Information We Collect.
Personally Identifiable Information.
We may use your personally identifiable information to contact you when reasonably necessary and in the following ways:
- Fulfillment of Requests and Response to Inquiries. We may use personally identifiable information about you to fulfill the purpose for which such information was provided, such as to process your transaction, to connect you with third parties when requested by you, who may provide you with information about products and services, and to respond to your inquiries.
- Administrative Communications. From time to time, in our sole discretion, we may use personally identifiable information about you to send to you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions and policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be important, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications.
- Marketing Communications. From time to time, we may use personally identifiable information about you to personalize your experience with the Site by informing you of products, programs, events, services and promotions of Bevelsmith, our affiliates, our partners and/or third parties that we believe may be of interest to you. If you would prefer that we do not send electronic marketing messages to you, please see the “Opt-In/Opt-Out Policy” section below.
- Internal Business Purposes. We may use personally identifiable information about you for our internal business purposes, such as data and trend analysis, market studies, audits, developing new products and services, enhancing the Site, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of any promotional campaigns.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
We may use non-personally identifiable information to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site and pages viewed as well as to diagnose problems with our servers and to administer the Site. We may then use this information to analyze and improve the features and functionality of the Site.
Because non-personally identifiable information does not personally identify you, we reserve the right to use and disclose non-personally identifiable information for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information (such as combining your name with your geographic location). If we combine any non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information, we will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information as long as it is combined.
We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site. We may also use and disclose IP addresses for all the purposes for which we use and disclose personally identifiable information. Please note that we treat IP addresses, server log files and related information as non-personally identifiable information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable laws, rules or regulations.
How We Disclose Your Personally Identifiable Information.
We may disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties, to the extent permitted by law, in the following ways:
- Third Party Service Providers. We may, from time to time, work with third parties who provide services including but not limited to data analysis, information verification, payment processing, web site hosting, auditing services, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, e-mail delivery services and other similar services. We may share personally identifiable information about you with such third parties for the purpose of enabling such third parties to provide such services.
- Third Party Marketing Communications. We may share personally identifiable information about you with our affiliates, partners or other third parties to allow them to contact you regarding products, programs, services and promotions that we and/or they believe may be of interest to you. If you would prefer that we do not share your information with our affiliates or partners for such entities’ marketing purposes, please see the “Opt-In/Opt-Out Policy” section below. We may also share personally identifiable information about you if you request information from vendors so that they can provide you with the requested information. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY THIRD PARTY’S USE OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.
- Voluntarily Disclosed Information. To the extent that you include personally identifiable information that can be viewed by the general public, we may republish or otherwise disclose such personally identifiable information, as part of the content, in connection with the Site and promotion thereof. If we republish or otherwise disclose your content, we may, but are not obligated to, also publish or disclose your member name to provide authorship credit. Please be aware that when you disclose personally identifiable information on the Site that can be viewed by the general public, the information may be used by third parties in any manner and for any purpose, so it is important for you to exercise discretion and appropriate caution when deciding to reveal personal information on the Site. In the event that you encounter any Site user who you believe is improperly collecting or using information about you or other users, please notify us immediately by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
- Assignment. We reserve the right to transfer any and all information that we collect from Site users to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business or assets (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
When you supply us with personally identifiable information in connection with your use of the Site, we may send information to you about our product and service offerings and we may share personally identifiable information about you with our affiliates, partners or other third parties for their marketing purposes.
You may, of course, choose not to receive additional marketing information from us or choose not to allow our sharing of your personally identifiable information as follows:
- At any time, you can follow a link provided in our marketing-related email messages (but excluding e-commerce confirmations and other administrative emails) to opt out from receiving such communications; or
- At any time, you can contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below to opt out from receiving such communications.
If you decide to contact us to change your contact preferences to opt out of receiving communications from us, please specify clearly which of the following choices you are opting out of:
- Receiving marketing communications from us;
- Allowing us to share personally identifiable information about you with our affiliates and partners for their marketing purposes; and/or
- Allowing us to share personally identifiable information about you with other third parties for their marketing purposes.
We will endeavor to implement your requested change as soon as reasonably practicable after receiving your request. Please be aware that your requested change will not be effective until we implement such change. Please note that if you choose not to allow our sharing of your personally identifiable information, we are not responsible for removing your personally identifiable information from the databases of third parties with which we have already shared your personally identifiable information as of the date that we implement your request. If you wish to cease receiving marketing-related e-mails from these third parties, please contact them directly or utilize any opt-out mechanisms in their privacy policies or marketing-related e-mails.
Please note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages. You cannot opt-out from receiving these administrative messages. We reserve the right, from time to time, to contact former customers or users of the Site for administrative purposes or in order to comply with applicable laws, rules or regulations.
How You Can Update or Suppress Your Personally Identifiable Information.
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use, on a prospective basis, of your personally identifiable information that has been previously provided to us, you may do so by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below and providing the context of your provision of information, your full name, mailing address, phone number and email address so that we may identify you in the opt-out process.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personally identifiable information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your personally identifiable information. We will endeavor to implement your requested change as soon as reasonably practicable after receiving your request. We are not responsible for correcting, updating or suppressing your personally identifiable information from the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared such information as of the date that we implement your request.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed therefrom.
For your protection, we will only implement requests with respect to the personally identifiable information associated with the particular e-mail address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
Third Party Vendors.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTS AND/OR OMISSIONS OF THIRD PARTY VENDORS.
Children’s Personal Information.
Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act:
To the extent that we are aware that any user of the Site is under the age of 13, this Site does NOT collect, use, or disclose personally identifiable information (including online contact information) of children under the age of 13. In the event that a child under the age of 13 attempts to register on the Site and we are aware of such child’s age, we will NOT accept the registration and will delete information received from the child.
We employ reasonable security measures consistent with standard industry practices for information collected through the Site. For instance, we have measures and tools, such as firewalls, in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control, and usernames and passwords submitted by users of the Site are encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer or other encryption mechanisms. However, you should exercise discretion with respect to the submission of any personally identifiable information to the Site. Transmitting information via the Internet is never completely secure and, therefore, any information submitted may be intercepted, collected, used or disclosed by third parties. We ask that you do not send us credit or debit card information or other sensitive information on or through the Site or otherwise, unless requested by us or the Site to process your request, or respond to your inquiry. We cannot, and do not, guarantee that information supplied by users will not be accessed on our servers, or intercepted, collected, used or disclosed by others while being transmitted to or from the Site over the Internet. You acknowledge and agree that any information you transmit through the Site or upload for storage in connection with the Site is so transmitted or stored at your own risk.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any membership account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Links to Other Web Sites.
The Site may contain links to other web sites, including e-commerce partners, vendors or advertisers, which may or may not be owned or operated by us. Links to such web sites are made without any representations or warranties relating to the integrity, security or legitimacy of such web sites. The inclusion of a link on the Site does not imply endorsement of the linked web site by us, our affiliates or our partners.
The Site is controlled and operated by us from the United States, and is not intended to subject us or any of our affiliates or partners to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Bevelsmith does not represent or warrant that the Site, or any part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are SOLELY responsible for complying with all APPLICABLE laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Site's availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
European Union and Other Foreign Nations.
The Site is governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of United States of America. We make no representation that the Site is governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of other nations. By using the Site and submitting any personal information, visitors from outside of the USA acknowledge that the Site is subject to USA law, consent to the transfer of personal data to the USA, and waive any claims that may arise under any other laws, rules and regulations, including, without limitation, their own applicable national and local laws.
© Rikuni LLC, d/b/a Bevelsmith 2013