Last Updated: January 1, 2015
As part of the registration process, you may be asked to select a username and password. We may refuse to grant you a username that personally identifies you, belongs to or is being used by another person, impersonates someone else, is or may be illegal, is or may be protected by trademark or other proprietary rights law, violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person, is vulgar or otherwise offensive, or may cause confusion, as determined by us in our sole discretion. You shall be responsible for the confidentiality and use of your username and password and agree not to transfer or resell your use of or access to the Site to any third party. If you have reason to believe that your membership on the Site is no longer secure, you must promptly change your password by visiting www.bevelsmith.com and immediately notify us of the problem by emailing us at email@example.com. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your USERNAME and password and for any and all activities (INCLUDING PURCHASES, AS APPLICABLE) that ARE CONDUCTED through your MEMBERSHIP account. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM YOUR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THE FOREGOING OBLIGATIONS.
- Code of Conduct.
In connection with Submissions (as defined below) and any other use of the Site by you, you agree that you shall not (collectively, the “Codes of Conduct”):
- Restrict or inhibit any other visitor or member from using the Site, including, without limitation, by means of “hacking” or defacing any portion of the Site;
- Use the Site or Materials for any unlawful purpose;
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent;
- Make a Submission or otherwise transmit material that (a) is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary or intellectual property rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have express permission from their rightful owner to transmit or otherwise use such Submission or other material; (b) is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, fraudulent, abusive, pornographic, harassing or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, or does or could give rise to civil liability or violate any law, rule or regulation, or is otherwise objectionable, or infringes our or any third party’s intellectual property or other rights; (c) is intended to victimize, harass, degrade or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation; (d) is non-public information about any third party that you are not authorized to disclose; (e) includes personally identifiable information of another individual without the prior consent of such individual; or (f) is an advertisement, solicitation, chain letter, pyramid scheme, investment opportunity or other unsolicited commercial communication (except as otherwise expressly permitted by us);
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, without limitation, any representative of Bevelsmith; falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Site; or express or imply that we endorse any statement you make;
- Engage in spamming or flooding;
- Transmit any software or other materials that contain any viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects, date bombs, time bombs or other items of a destructive nature or that monitor the use of any hardware, software, equipment or other technology, or any data, information or materials in connection with any of the foregoing;
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, link to or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to, the Site;
- Modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice contained in the Site;
- “Frame” or “mirror” any part of the Site without our prior written authorization;
- Link to any page of or content on the Site (except as otherwise permitted by us);
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or its contents;
- Harvest or collect information about Site visitors or members without their express consent;
- Create a database by downloading and storing content from the Site;
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks;
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Site;
- Access, reload or “refresh” transactional event pages, or make any other request to transactional servers, more than once during any three second interval; or
- Request more than 1,000 pages of the Site in any twenty-four hour period, whether alone or acting in concert with a group of individuals.
While using the Site and the Materials, you hereby agree to and shall strictly comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including, without limitation, all applicable privacy laws, rules and regulations.
Verification of information applicable to a purchase may be required prior to Bevelsmith’s acceptance of any order. Price and availability of any product or service are subject to change without notice. Bevelsmith is not responsible for errors in the prices or descriptions of any product or service. Refunds and exchanges shall be subject to Bevelsmith’s and/or any applicable third party’s refund and exchange policies in effect at the time of the applicable Transaction. Current rates for any product or service available through the Site may be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information Provided by Bevelsmith. Although Bevelsmith strives to provide Materials that are both useful and accurate, the nature of the data and other information contained on the Site is subject to frequent change. In addition, the facts and circumstances of every situation differ. Accordingly, although Bevelsmith endeavors to use reasonable care in assembling the Materials, the Materials may not be up-to-date, accurate or complete.
In addition, portions of the Materials have been contributed to the Site by various third parties, including, without limitation, third party service providers. The inclusion of such portions of the Materials does not indicate any approval or endorsement thereof, and Bevelsmith expressly disclaims any liability with respect to such portions of the Materials.
- License. Please note that, because you may provide Submissions to us, we require certain licenses and other rights in and to such Submissions. Accordingly, by sending or transmitting to us Submissions, or by posting such Submissions to any area of the Site, you grant us and our designees a perpetual, worldwide, non-revocable, non-exclusive, unlimited, transferable, sublicenseable (through multiple tiers), assignable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, distribute (through multiple tiers), create derivative works of, publicly perform, display (publicly or otherwise), store, digitally perform, publish (on the Site, on any other website(s), make, have made, sell, offer for sale, import and commercialize each Submission, or any portion thereof, in each case, (a) without any compensation, and (b) as necessary or helpful for Bevelsmith to provide, advertise or promote its products and services. None of the Submissions shall be subject to any obligation, whether of confidentiality, attribution or otherwise, on our part and we shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submissions.
You hereby agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against Bevelsmith or its owners/operators, affiliates, and/or licensors, or any other person, on the grounds that any use of a Submission, or any derivative works thereof, infringe any of your rights as creator of the Submission, including, without limitation, trademark rights, copyrights, publicity rights, privacy rights, and moral rights or “droit moral.”
- Monitoring. You acknowledge and agree that we have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor each Submission, to alter or remove any Submission at any time, including, without limitation, and to disclose any Submission and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party or governmental or regulatory entity in order to operate the Site properly, to protect ourselves, our sponsors and our users and visitors, and to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests.
Additionally, other web sites may provide links to the Site with or without our authorization. You acknowledge and agree that Bevelsmith and its affiliates, suppliers and agents do not endorse such sites, and are not and shall not be responsible or liable for any links from those sites to the Site, any content, advertising, products or other materials available on or through such other sites, or any loss or damages incurred in connection therewith. Bevelsmith shall have the right, at any time and in its sole discretion, to block links to the Site through technological or other means without prior notice.
- Claims of Copyright Infringement. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials posted by Bevelsmith infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the Site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works); (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Bevelsmith to locate the material on the Site; (d) the name, address, telephone number and email address (if available) of the complaining party; (e) a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed by Bevelsmith against you, the DMCA permits you to send Bevelsmith a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright/ for details. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Site should be sent to Bevelsmith, to 542 Via de la Valle #K, Solana Beach CA 92075. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on the Site (collectively the “Trademarks”) are the registered and unregistered trademarks of Bevelsmith, Bevelsmith’s licensors and suppliers, and others. The Trademarks owned by Bevelsmith, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Bevelsmith’s, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion with customers, in any manner that disparages Bevelsmith, or in any other manner that is not expressly permitted by us in writing. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark without the express written permission of Bevelsmith, Bevelsmith’s licensors or suppliers, or the third party owner of any such Trademarks. Misuse of any Trademarks is prohibited, and Bevelsmith may aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights in such Trademarks, including via civil and criminal proceedings.
- Access By Minors. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230 (d), as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available on the web sites GetNetWise (http://kids.getnetwise.org/) and OnGuard Online (http://onguardonline.gov/). Please note that Bevelsmith does not endorse any of the products or services listed at such web sites.
- Jurisdictional Issues. The Site is solely directed to individuals residing in the United States. We make no representation that Materials available on or through the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including, without limitation, local laws, if and to the extent such local laws are applicable.
We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Site and/or the provision of any service, program or other product described thereon to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any such service, program or other product that we provide.
- Disclaimers. THE SITE, THE MATERIALS ON THE SITE, AND ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, Bevelsmith AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. Bevelsmith AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS AND AGENTS DO NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR SECURE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER(S) ON WHICH THE SITE IS HOSTED ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING AND MAINTAINING ALL TELEPHONE, COMPUTER HARDWARE AND OTHER EQUIPMENT NEEDED TO ACCESS AND USE THE SITE, AND ALL CHARGES RELATED THERETO. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND YOUR RELIANCE THEREON. NO OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT OF Bevelsmith OR ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS, AGENTS, MEMBERS OR VISITORS, WHETHER MADE ON THE SITE OR OTHERWISE, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT Bevelsmith SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR (A) ANY FAILURE OF ANOTHER USER OF THE SITE TO CONFORM TO THE CODES OF CONDUCT, (B) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (C) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SITE, (D) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, DEFECTS, DATE BOMBS, TIME BOMBS OR OTHER ITEMS OF A DESTRUCTIVE NATURE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (E) ANY ERRORS, MISTAKES, INACCURACIES OR OMISSIONS IN ANY MATERIALS, OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY MATERIALS POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE. Bevelsmith DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED SITE, OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND Bevelsmith SHALL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY MONITOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE ARE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Limitation of Liability. NEITHER Bevelsmith NOR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS OR SPONSORS, NOR OUR OR THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES, ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOST PROFITS OR ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER), OR ANY CLAIM, CAUSE OF ACTION, OBLIGATION, LIABILITY, RIGHT OR REMEDY WHETHER OR NOT ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF Bevelsmith, IN EACH CASE UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE AND/OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE SITE OR ANY LINKED SITE, ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PURCHASED THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY LINKED SITE, AND YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE FOREGOING. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE OR MATERIALS OR ANY LINKED SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE, MATERIALS, OR LINKED SITE, AS APPLICABLE. THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO Bevelsmith FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, TO ACCESS THE SITE, DURING THE PERIOD STARTING UP TO THREE (3) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE DATE OF THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE APPLICABLE CLAIM. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so such limitation or exclusion above may not apply to you.
- Notice for California Users. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California Site users are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
© Rikuni LLC, d/b/a Bevelsmith 2013